Sat. Apr 15th 2017
ODHFS Central Region April Newsletter:
First, welcome to our “new” Central Region members. No, you didn’t move into the Central Region but as detailed during our annual meeting, the regions have been re-aligned to better balance the number of localities in each region and ensure counties or not bisected with part in one region and another part in another region. Our treasurer will be sending each director the official lists of who is in which region after most of the 2017 dues have been collected. Therefore for this newsletter I used last year’s membership list to try to identify everyone that is now in the Central Region and add them to this list. In a month or so this should be straight. The new layout of regions can be seen here.
As for dues renewal, you should have received a letter about a month ago with your 2017 dues notice. Hopefully you have sent in your dues already. If you haven’t, please do so as soon as you can. If you didn’t receive the notice, please contact Treasurer Richard Moss Richard@mossrd.org ASAP.
The following are the events that I know about in the Central Virginia Region plus a few other large events in the Commonwealth in the next few months. As always, the best source for up to date information is on our online calendar maintained by Jack Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you know of an event, parade,etc that is not on the list, please obtain all the pertinent information (what, where, when, who to contact, etc) and then pass it on to Jack.
- 4/15/17 0900- until?? An Antique Fire Apparatus Display has been requested by the Southside Church of the Nazarene, 6851 Courthouse Rd, Chesterfield VA 23832. 5,000 attendees are expected. If you can participate contact Harvey at 804-833-1452 or email@example.com.
- 4/15 or 4/22 at 1100-1300 or 1700-1900 in Chester area. We have received a request for a fire truck to appear at a birthday party. The requester is flexible about the date and the time. If you can honor the request please firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- 4/22/17 1100-1800 An Antique Fire Apparatus Display has been requested at the Chesterfield Professional Firefighters Wine Festival at Malvern Farm at Rt 200 & Rt 711 in Powhatan County. They especially desire ex-Chesterfield County units. If you can attend please contact Tommy Herman at 804-590-1239 or email@example.com.
- 5/4,5,&6/17 Winchester Parades See information in the newsletter
- 5/13/17 Bon Air Victorian Day parade, 1000. Line up at Bon Air Baptist Church, 2531 Buford RD. Contact: Jim Courtney 804-380-9463.
- 5/19&20/17 Fire Equipment Sale Estate of ODHFS Memeber B.D. Ladd; 5797 Fredericks Mill RD. Mineral VA
- 6/3/17 Commonwealth of Virginia Fallen Firefighter Memorial Service at Richmond International Raceway. Anyone display an apparatus must contact Mark Buff at VDFP firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6/10/17 Claytor Lake Muster Contact Rob Fariss 540-989-0906
- 9/15,16,&17/17 Field Day of the Past in Goochland County Contact Floyd Greene
- 9/30/17 ODHFS Annual Muster in Farmville VA. Hotels are already filling up so if you need one. See list in Torchbearer. For more info contact Floyd Greene.