(VA) VA Beach Christmas Parade
Saturday, December 4th, 2021
If you wish to participate in this parade please let Royce McCoy know ASAP because he needs to notify the venue about who plans to be in them.
Here is your Holiday Parade at the Beach information!
TO ARRIVE AT YOUR DESIGNATED LINEUP POSITION ALONG ATLANTIC AVENUE, PLEASE TURN FROM PACIFIC AVENUE AT THE STREET YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO ENTER. ONCE YOU ARRIVE AT ATLANTIC, YOU WILL TURN NORTH UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED. The parade lines up facing NORTH.
All units MUST report to their respective staging locations by 4:00pm and check-in with parade lineup volunteers, who can be identified by the credentials they will be wearing.
ANY UNITS USING A GENERATOR FOR POWER WILL BE INSPECTED BY THE VIRGINIA BACH FIRE DEPARTMENT.
Unit Number: (Unit #58)
From Pacific Avenue, enter Atlantic Avenue at 10th Street and turn North
Lineup Location: On the WEST side of Atlantic Avenue between 11th and 12th Streets
PLEASE LOOK FOR YOUR UNIT NUMBER, WHICH WILL BE WRITTEN IN CHALK ON THE STREET WHERE YOU ARE TO LINE-UP. Please be aware that parade officials may adjust your final placement.
The reviewing stand will be located at 25th Street & Atlantic Avenue, at the end of the parade. Parade units pass the reviewing stand, and disburse beginning at 26th Street. The reviewing stand will be located on the RIGHT side of the street.
ONCE YOU HAVE PASSED THE REVIEWING STAND AT 25TH STREET, YOU MUST CONTINUE AT LEAST TO 26TH STREET. AT THAT POINT YOU MAY TURN LEFT AND DISSASSEMBLE. YOU MAY ALSO CONTINUE DOWN ATLANTIC AVENUE TO THE NEXT AVAILABLE SIDE STREET TO EXIT.
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE IN EFFECT FOR THIS PARADE:
• The driver of the tow vehicle must have at least a clear, 180 degree view of the parade route while towing the float.
• The tow vehicle must contain a 10 pound, ABC fire extinguisher that is sealed, tagged, and dated within a 12 month period.
• The fire extinguisher must be easily accessible in the back of the tow vehicle, and not covered or obscured in any way.
• If a generator is used, it must be securely mounted in the tow vehicle, not the float. The generator must have at least 12 inches of clearance around it, and must not be contained in a box.
• If the generator is located in the back of a tow vehicle with a cab, there must be no person riding inside the cab.
• Refueling of generators is not permitted once the parade begins.
• Open flames (candles, torches, etc.) are not permitted on floats.
• A distance of 30 feet must be maintained between parade units during parade.
• Children under 12 years of age riding on a float must be accompanied by at least one adult riding on the float.
• Any persons riding on the float may not sit on the edge or dangle legs off the side of the float while the float is in motion.
• The use of fireworks or pyrotechnics of any kind is not permitted on floats.
• Extension cords used on floats and tow vehicles must be rated to carry the current load and must have grounded plugs in place.
• Hay is not permitted on floats.
• Neither candy nor items of any sort may be thrown from floats along the parade route. Candy must be handed out by walkers accompanying the float.
• Car clubs and motorcycle groups must decorate their vehicles. A limited number of car clubs will be accepted.
• THE PURPOSE OF THE PARADE IS TO PROMOTE THE HOLIDAY SEASON. Please make your entry is festive for the season!
• All floats will be subject to an inspection check for compliance with the float safety requirements prior to commencement of parade.
ANY MOTORIZED UNIT using a generator must have a fire extinguisher and abide by all of the above regulations pertaining to floats.
We are looking forward to a spectacular Holiday Parade at the Beach! Thank you for volunteering your valuable time and efforts to help make this event a success!