1963 Jeep CJ-5 Brush Truck
Purchased by the James City Volunteer Fire Department (Virginia) as a stock Jeep and hand built into a brush unit.
Historic Photos of the build go with the sale.
I purchased this jeep 5 years ago and have put a lot of time and money into getting it back on the road. It does still need some TLC. It is 98% Original.
The pump is disconnected but I have the shaft. The only rust is back next to the brake lights. Siren and emergency lights work.
What I have done since I have owned it…
- Motor Rebuilt which only has about 2000 miles on it.
- New Tires
- Overdrive Kit installed on transmission (top speed 52 mph)
- Brake master cylinder and brakes replaced.
- New carb, starter, and water pump
- New seat coverings
- New fuel tank and fuel pump
- Battery is 4 years old